The Toronto Blue Jays lost 8-5 to the Philadelphia Phillies in Clear Water, Florida. During this loss the Jays pitching staff gave up 8 earned runs.
Dickey had three perfect innings, the 1st, 2nd and 4th. However, the third inning was far from perfect. He gave up a home run, and three singles while giving up two earned runs. In the fifth he got one out while giving up a hit. In total, his numbers weren’t bad and he threw a lot of pitches. He actually gave up three earned runs (Tepara let his runner in the fifth score), while striking out one and giving up five hits including one home run.
The relief pitchers did not perform well. Tepara gave up two hits, and let Dickey’s runner score, while getting two outs. After Tepara, Brad Penny gave up two earned runs on four hits over two innings. Roberto Hernandez came in for one inning and gave up three earned runs on four hits. The pitching staff did not perform well today and caused Toronto to lose their second game of the spring.
An update on the hitters today:
- Kevin Pillar: 0 for 3, .158 BA this spring.
- Darrell Ceciliani: 1 for 1, 2 walks, .375 BA this spring.
- Ryan Goins: 0 for 2, 2 strikeouts, 353 BA this spring.
- Josh Donaldson: 1 for 3, strikeout, .462 BA this spring.
- Matt Dominguez: 0 for 2, 2 strikeouts, .294BA this spring.
- Jose Bautista: 0 for 3, .000 BA this spring.
- Troy Tulowitzki: 0 for 3, .308 BA this spring.
- Chris Colabello: 1 for 3, triple, strikeout, .350 BA this spring.
- Michael Saunders: 2 for 3, double, .350 BA this spring.
- Josh Thole: 0 for 3, strikeout, .077 BA this spring.
- Tony Sanchez: 1 for 1, double, .250 BA this spring.
- Jio Mier: 1 for 1, home run, .353 BA this spring.
Toronto is now 9-2-1 this spring.